Client Support Grid¶
This grid tries to gather Evennia-specific knowledge about the various clients and protocols used. Everyone’s welcome to report their findings.
- Name: The name of the client. If it’s only available for a specific OS, it should be noted here too.
- Version: Which version or range of client versions were tested.
- Comments: Any comments or quirks on using this client with Evennia should be added here. Also note if some other protocol than Telnet is used (like Websockets, SSH etc).
|Evennia webclient||0.6||Uses WS/AJAX. Current client issues|
|tintin++||2.0+||No MXP support|
|tinyfugue||5.0+||No UTF-8 support|
|MUSHclient(Win)||4.94||NAWS reports full text area|
|Potato||2.0.0b16||No MXP, MCCP
32bit does not
|Mudlet||3.4+||No known issues. Some older versions showed <> as html under MXP.|
|SimpleMU(Win)||full||UNTESTED. Discontinued. NAWS reports pixel size.|
|Atlantis(Mac)||0.9.9.4||No known issues.|
|GMUD||0.0.1||Can’t handle any telnet handshakes. Not recommended.|
|BeipMU(Win)||3.0.255||No MXP support. Best to enable “MUD prompt handling”, disable “Handle HTML tags”.|
|MudRammer(IOS)||1.8.7||Bad Telnet Protocol compliance: displays spurious characters.|
|BlowTorch(Andr)||1.1.3||*Telnet NOP displays as spurious character.|
|Mukluk(Andr)||2015.11.20||*Telnet NOP displays as spurious character. Has UTF-8/Emoji support.|
|Gnome-MUD(Unix)||0.11.2||Telnet handshake errors. First (only) attempt at logging in fails.|
|Spyrit||0.4||No MXP, OOB support.|
|JamochaMUD||5.2||Does not support ANSI within MXP text.|
Also seems to
|KildClient||2.11.1||No known issues.|
Workarounds for client issues:¶
Issue: Telnet NOP displays as spurious character.¶
- Set the command in game to
@option NOPKEEPALIVE=offfor the session, or use the
/saveparameter to disable it for that Evennian account permanently.
- Client-side: Set a gag-type trigger on the NOP character to make it invisible to the client.